- Insert a table of contents
- Help us improve Word
- Word for Mac: Make a Table of Contents Automatically - dummies
Sign up for the TekRevue Weekly Digest using the box below. Get tips, reviews, news, and giveaways reserved exclusively for subscribers. Filed Under: Step 1: To start off, select your first chapter or heading by highlighting it in your document.
Insert a table of contents
Step 2: Step 3: Automatically Update Your Table of Contents The table created in the steps above will list the current names of your defined headings and subheadings, along with the current page number of each. Share this: A Better Windows Volume Mixer.
- Format or customize a table of contents in Word for Mac - Word for Mac?
- Was this information helpful?;
- mac os tiger system requirements.
When you are asked whether you want to replace the existing table of contents, click Yes. Word inserts field codes automatically when you use particular commands.
For example, when you Add page numbers , Word inserts the Page field. To learn more about field codes, see Field codes in Word.
Help us improve Word
You can edit the field code information for the table of contents to quickly change the number of heading levels it includes. The field code information appears between curly brackets, taking the place of the headings normally displayed in the table of contents. Change the numbers in the quotation marks.
- apple mac 15 inch case.
- How to Create a Table of Contents in Word for Mac.
- Do you have a question about Word that we didn't answer here?;
- insertar html en outlook mac;
- mac makeup artists near me;
For example, if you want to show only two levels, change "" to "". Create a table of contents. Update a table of contents. Expand your Office skills.
Word for Mac: Make a Table of Contents Automatically - dummies
Get new features first. Was this information helpful? Yes No. Any other feedback? How can we improve it? Send No thanks. Thank you for your feedback!